Monday 10 August 2009

Book Launch

I must tell you about the book launch, that took place last Thursday. Claire Montgomerie of Loop (my favourite shop this side of the Atlantic) was launching her new book Easy Kids Knits and to celebrate the big event we gathered in every knitter's mecca - Loop in Cross Street.

The evening was wonderful and the turnout huge, despite lousy weather. I have enjoyed it immensely, met some lovely people equally obsessed with all things hand-made and all very very talented indeed. Another Clare, aka Ginger Knits, baked some delicious cupcakes and we all got treated to a few glasses of bubbly - the high life I was simply born to enjoy.

Like most talented crafty people I couldn't resist wearing some of my creations. I was complemented a lot on my knitted shrug, but the wire crochet earrings with pearls have stolen the show. Made me so so proud.






As if that wasn't enough I won the star prize in a raffle - a huge gift box of gorgeous yarn from Sublime. Now that was the proverbial cherry on the cupcake!




No comments: