Monday 14 May 2012

Where to find happiness...

I abandoned this blog for such a long time I'm not sure it's a good idea to revive it, but I'll give it a go anyway.
It's a bit like visiting an old school friend you haven't seen for 30 years. You're dying to meet them again and you assume you will get on famously, just because you did so at school. And then sometimes this works beautifully and all is just how you imagined it would be. And sometimes you sit and talk to them politely for 45 minutes and then make up an excuse and leave wondering who was that stranger you just had a coffee with, because it couldn't have been your dear, old school pal...
I will try and share with you things that make me happy. More often than not they will be quite simple little things, which make every day that little bit special. Many people miss little joys of life waiting for those big, ostentatious happy events that for most come two or three times in life. I will try to find joy and beauty in the everyday life of an average girl - me.


This weekend consisted of a few nice things. I went to St. Albans yesterday and bought two lovely little cheering things in Cath Kidston shop there. And here they are in all their colourful glory...




These gorgeous set of boxes will brighten up all picnics (when the sun comes out for longer than a couple of hours) and transform the most boring packed lunch for work too.



 And this little beauty has already become my favourite coffee cup of the moment!


Today I had a little wonder in the sunshine in the local area and picked up some lush strawberries, which were devoured with a little clotted cream and vanilla sugar - perfect end to a rather nice weekend, don't you think?




In fear to check the weather forecast and hoping all have a fabulous, sunny week...


Agnes xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad your back Mrs G x

Sam
(Pants)

Jean said...

I feel the same way about my blog. Can I be bothered to go back to the main p.c as I am completely married now to my iPad! Lovely to read yours though x x

MrsGKnits said...

Thank you both so much. Hugs xx