After a spell of white wintery fluffiness we are entering a drab, dreary phase.The snow is melting away, revealing dark pavements and untidy streets. Here and there dried up, stripped bare Christmas trees are dying in front gardens. Everybody is feeling post Christmas malaise - the winter blues has truly set in.
Despair not! For in the busy corners of the world wide web there are gems aplenty to put a smile on your face, just waiting to be discovered.
About six months ago I discovered Folksy – a site, which, like a virtual shopping centre, houses a huge number of individual shops run by an array of talented people, who joined the handmade revolution. I am a proud owner of two shops – MrsGKnits, a luxury knitwear emporium and QueenOfHerts , a fledgling quirky jewellery collection.
Folksy sellers design, source the materials, hand make and sell beautiful, unique items, which you can’t get on any high street. The range of products is overwhelming, the packaging absolutely divine, the customer service superb and many sellers welcome custom orders, which makes your purchase that little bit more exclusive and more personal.
So there you have it – found on Folksy, my selection of “Blues” to beat the blues…
1. Wintry Skies Baby Alpaca sock yarn from Wharfedale Woolworks
2. Silver Filigree Ring from Fen and Ned
3. Fabric Buttons - Tiny Sprigs from Mollimoo
4. Gorgeous Fabric Brooch from PantsandPaper
5. Earrings silver with emerald green freshwater pearls from Lynwood Jewellery
6. Clip Frame Purse from PantsandPaper
7. Polly Cowl – Teal from Silky Prudence
8. Small Butterfly Cards & Envelopes from Harvey Crafty Cards
9. Time for tea! from nelli D – for her
I hope you enjoyed my favourites and they will inspire you to seek out all things beautiful. Click a few buttons, have a browse and find how you can express your individuality in time for beautiful spring.